Dr. Avik Bhattacharya
- Ph.D. (2007): Jointly at the Department of Traitement et Interprétation des Images (Image Processing and Understanding), Télécom Paris-Tech, Paris, France and INRIA, ARIANA Project Group, Sophia
Antipolis, France. (Thesis funded by: CNES, Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (The French Space Agency))
- Integrated M.Sc. (2000): Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
- Associate Professor, 2015 - Present: Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.
- Assistant Professor, 2011 - 2015: Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2008 - 2011: Canada Centre for Remote Sensing, Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa, Canada.
- Research Assistant, 2004 : Blue - Order, tecmath AG, Kaiserslautern, Germany.
- Research Assistant, 2001 - 2004 : Fraunhofer Institute, ITWM, Kaiserslautern, Germany.
- Microwave Remote Sensing.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Polarimetry
- Monostatic and Bistatic SAR Polarimetry Theory.
- Supervised and Unsupervised Polarimetric SAR classification.
- Polarimetric SAR Interferometry.
- Statistical Analysis of SAR images.
- Radar Remote Sensing of Planetary Surfaces.